We at Tillman Domotics LLP, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data you provide to us or we collect from you, will be processed by us.
This policy describes how we use your personal data. We have provided this policy to ensure that you understand what personal data we may collect and hold about you, what we may use it for and how we keep it safe. You have legal rights to access the personal data that we hold about you and to control how we use it which is also explained.
Information we collect from you
Tillman Domotics have fully committed to adherence of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) following implementation on the 25 May 2018. In relation to our collection and processing of personal data, please see the below information.
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website http://tillmandomotics.com (“our site”), by contract, or by corresponding with us by email.
It includes information you provide when you register your interest in our products and services via our website. The information you give us may include your email address.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Most browser software can be set up to deal with cookies. You may modify your browser preference to provide you with choices relating to cookies. You have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies, certain functions and conveniences of our web site may not work properly, you may be unable to use those of the Operators’ services that require registration in order to participate or you will have to re-register each time you visit our site. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the “Help” section of the toolbar. We do not link non-personal information from cookies to personally identifiable information without your permission.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, we will only contact you by electronic means (email);
- to provide you with marketing information in accordance with your marketing preferences;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
When we need your consent to use your personal data
Whilst we always want you to be aware of how we are using your personal data, this does not necessarily mean that we are required to ask for your consent before we can use it. In the day to day running of our business we may use your personal data without asking for your consent because:
- we are entering into and carrying out our obligations under a contract with you;
- we need to use your personal data for our own legitimate purposes (such as the administration and management of our business and the improvement of our products and services) and our doing so will not interfere with your privacy rights.
In exceptional circumstances we may wish to use your personal data for a different purpose which does require your consent. In these circumstances we will contact you to explain how we wish to use your data and to ask for your consent. You are not required to give consent just because we ask for it. If you do give consent you can change your mind and withdraw it at a later date.
You are not under a legal obligation to provide us with any of your personal data but please note that if you elect not to provide us with your personal data we may be unable to provide our products and services to you.
Your rights to know what personal data we hold and to control how we use it
You have a legal right to know what personal data we hold about you, this is called the “right of subject access”. You can exercise this right by sending us a written request at any time. Please mark your letter “Subject Access Request” and send it to us by post or email using the details in the ”Who we are and how you can contact us” section.
You also have rights to:
- prevent your personal data being used for marketing purposes;
- have inaccurate personal data corrected, blocked or erased;
- object to decisions being made about you by automated means;
- object to our using your personal data in ways that are likely to cause you damage or distress;
- restrict our use of your personal data;
- require that we delete your personal data;
- require that we provide you, or anyone that you nominate, with a copy of any personal data you have given us in a structured electronic form such as a CSV file.
You can find full details of your personal data rights on the Information Commissioner’s Office website at www.ico.org.uk.
We do not make use of automated decision making or profiling.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with third parties on a one-off basis, for example, if:
When we will send your personal data to other countries
How we keep your personal data safe
We take every care to ensure that your personal data is kept secure. The security measures we take include:
- only storing your personal data on secure servers.
- keeping paper records to a minimum and ensuring that those we do have are stored in locked filing cabinets on our office premises.
- maintaining up to date firewalls and anti-virus software to minimise the risk of unauthorised access to our systems.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use your personal data for marketing
We will add your details to our marketing database if you buy our products or services or if you have contacted us to request the receipt of our marketing communications.
We will only send you marketing communications by email (in the form of electronic newsletters via the automated marketing system, MailChimp) or text message. You can ask us to only send you marketing communications by a particular method, about specific subjects or you may ask us not to send you any marketing communications at all.
You can update your current marketing preferences at any time by calling or emailing us using the details set out in the section above.
Third party websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which our products and services are advertised), as well as links to our social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites, platforms and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
How you can make a complaint
If you are unhappy with the way we have used your personal data please contact us to discuss this using the contact details set out in the section above.
You are also entitled to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office which you can do by visiting www.ico.org.uk. Whilst you are not required to do so, we encourage you to contact us directly to discuss any concerns that you may have and to allow us an opportunity to address these before you contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How we keep this policy up-to-date
We will review and update this policy from time to time. This may be to reflect a change in the goods or services we offer or to our internal procedures or it may be to reflect a change in the law.
The easiest way to check for updates is by looking for the latest version of this policy on our website (tillmandomotics.com/privacy- policy) or you can contact us to ask us to send you the latest version of our policy.
How you can contact us
You can contact us in writing at 11 Enterprise Way, London, United Kingdom SW18 1FZ or by emailing email@example.com.
If you would like to speak to us please call us on +44 (0) 20 7078 9302.